Sunday, December 11, 2011

Do you like this story that I am writing? It's just the beginning.?

It all started as a joke.

Everyday at lunch she would get up from the table, grab a plastic knife from a small container, and start cutting her wrists, encouraging the three of us to laugh with her, make fun of her stupidity. I was worried, but too afraid to stand up to our group’s nonofficial leader to rebel against what we were laughing about. Luckily, I had enough intelligence to realize if I had one more slip-up, everyone would kick me out of our posse. I was too afraid a year ago. I was too worn down from people stepping all over me to fight back. I was just a background idiot in my friends’ lives, just another person trying to blend in with everyone else. Well, back to the knife incidents. Whenever her wrist started bleeding, she would start fake crying. “Acting,” she called it. “Just in case this will ever fit a role for me in a couple years. It’s for the audience. Everything is.” It was so believable only because she was the actress, the singer, the perfect girl in everyone’s minds, but really, as I would soon learn, she wasn’t as perfect as she played it out to seem like.

“So, I’ve heard so much gossip about Twilight. It’s, like, the best movie of all time. I mean, Robert Pattinson is starring in it, and it’s all about cute guys like Edward and Jacob; I’m on team Edward of course. Anyway, it’s a love story and Bella rocks!” Gabby babbled. She could talk about silly Twilight and not be killed by Mairead, the depressed freak while one negative comment on the series from me and I would be the laughingstock of the whole school in less than ten minutes. Maya and Gabby had freedom, they deserved to be in the group as Mairead saw it, while my intelligence never got me anywhere in life. I just sat around like nothing waiting for Mairead to live out my life for me. She took total charge of my life and clearly went out of her way to make sure I turned out to be her little minion as Maya and Gabby seemed to be becoming. They were fine with it while I urged to be my own person. It was harder than it seemed and I felt like nobody understood what was going on in my complicated life I wasn’t living like I wanted to. That lunchtime was the longest half hour of my life, or so it seemed.

Immediately after lunch I caught up with my best guy friend Alex in the hallway and in truth, I wanted to cry about my life to him and tell him that I didn’t think I would survive. Of course, I couldn’t. He understood how to laugh and joke with me better tan anyone else I knew, but he couldn’t talk for one minute about emotions and troubles. I knew him better than that and refused to risk my friendship with him for stupid emotional girly crap. We just chatted about low-key terms like our algebra homework and our weird teachers, not going beyond my older brother trying to break my foot. It was freedom to talk about whatever I felt and just be myself, the girl who liked to laugh and talk about which football teams were the best. A break from the popular girls who wanted me to be one of them and threatened to ruin my reputation if I didn’t.

This is partly based off of real life.Do you like this story that I am writing? It's just the beginning.?
Other than being a little repetative, i like the suspense. You could probably be a little more specific on who each person is in the second paragraph and give a little background etc. I like how normal everyday people can relate to this kind of story. I have written several books myself and this one looks quite interesting and could have a lot of potential!Do you like this story that I am writing? It's just the beginning.?
I like it! But it's a little confusing, and like Amber said, make sure you explain each character because the beginning starts off at a different angle, which most books do, but other than that I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment