Sunday, December 11, 2011

For those obsessed with Twilight?

OK, so i'm doing an ethnographic paper for my anthropology class, so i need to specify a sub culture group around me and gather data about them. I'd like to do my research on the recent obsession with Twilight and Robert Pattinson and all that. I went to a midnight premier of the DVD release, but i have a few more questions for those of you who wouldn't mind giving me your opinion on some things.





1. What is it about Twilight that makes it such a phenomenon?


2. Why were you initially attracted to the series, and why did it grow into such a passionate following?


3. Why do followers of Twilight go to extremes to get ahold of new releases in the series? (such as the books, movie, dvd...)


4. Have you ever met any of the actors from the movies? If so, what was the experience like? (especially in regards to how you may have seen them as in their character)


5. How do you feel like the movie relates to the book, how does it affect your view of the ';epic'; quality of the series?


6. What are your feelings about the new movies?


7. How do you feel about all of the Twilight merchendise that is available? Do you own any yourself? Why? and how do you feel about groups ';dressing up'; in Twilight merch to go to Twilight premiers?


8. How do you think the Twilight series compares to other popular series such as Narnia, Harry Potter, or Lord of the Rings?








Please try to be as honest as possible in your answer, and i would appreciate a lot of details. The more you write, the better. Also, if you wouldn't mind telling me your age and state that you're from, that would be great. Thank you all so much for doing thisFor those obsessed with Twilight?
WHO CARES? ENOUGH WITH THE TWILIGHT EPIDEMIC!For those obsessed with Twilight?
1: it's a great story and who doesnt love vampires.


2: i just heard a lot about it and wanted to read it. im not actualy obsessed just like it(i hate that i do but i cant help it).


3: no.


4: the movie was good but they skipped to much. it didnt really change the way i visualize things when iread the books.


5:it was ok.


6: i think the shirts are usually LAME. i do like the ';team'; ones though. no i do not own any merch. its weird to wear costumes to premiers.


8: never read any of those.


im 16, girl, no on the state sorry.
I personally am a huge fan. I'm 16 (17 in three months) and I live in Ohio.





1. I think it's mostly because, over the past couple years, vampires have started to become increasingly popular (i.e. CBS' Moonlight which I also loved)


2. It's got a modern day Romeo and Juliet feel to it. It has a good story line and you get hooked from cover to cover. It was easy for me to relate to Bella at times througout the whole series. I got my mom and grandma (who thinks that stuff like that is at times stupid) hooked. They were just like me and couldn't put the books down until they were finished.


3. After the series became so popular it was virtually impossible to get ahold of the books. I started at first to borrow them from the library, but ended up buying them, because there was a 2 month long waiting list on all four.


4. No, but I would so love too. I think that each of the people who were cast were perfect for the roles.


5. Even though I loved the books and I went with a group of friends to see the movie the day after it premiered, I didn't think it served any justice to the books. I think that they should've spent more time on the movie and left the release date in December instead of pushing it up to November.


6. The movies for me are kinda like a dirty pleasure, I have a pretty good feeling that the other three movies won't be that good either, but I still have to go see them since it's something I really love and I've read the whole series. I want to see how they play out the rest of Bella and Edwards story on screen.


7. I have a Twilight poster, and I am planning on getting a shirt. When me and my friends went to the premiere, my best friend wore her Twilight shirt. Trust me, if I would've had one I would've gone all out. I think that wearing the merch shows your dedication and appreciation for the story itself.


8. I think that it got just as much hype as the rest. I didn't really get into the Lord of the Rings series, but just like Twilight, I've read all the books and have watched all the most recent movies.
1. it got all the elements of a great drama, love passion, vampires, and fighting for your love.





2. I liked the idea of a love between humans and a vampire and I really loved the whole idea of everything going on I kept reading because it was addictive and I had to know how ended.





3. You want to know everything about the books b4 anyone else and you do not want 2 wait at all.





4. NO i wish though.





5. I think the movie makes the book stronger and even more likeable.





6. They are going to be good I think they have great actors for all the parts and have good settings and scripts.





7. I own some because it is just fun and it shows people i like the books and can easily strike up a conversation with other twilight lovers. But I do think it is cool to wear it to premieres and stuff.





8. I think Twilight and HP are neck and neck because they all have the fantasy fiction/ love thing going on.
twilight is a shame upon america and humanity as a whole. my sister bought the dvd and it automatically made my household 10% gayer
ok,im 13,so sorry if i dont understand some of the things you say. im from arkansas.


1.i think rob pattinson makes it a phenomenon. i understand some people just love the books and the movie because its good, but most of the twilighters are teenagers, and they love rob.


2.i was atracted to the series because im into mythical creatures and evreything.plus all my friends started reading them.


3.probly because they want to make sure they have it, and some of them are literally obsessed with it.


4.no i havent, but i would like to.


5.i think if they would have put a little more of the book into the movie, it would have been a lot better.


6.im anxious for them to come out, and i think they will be better than twilight.


7.i feel that twilight merchandise is fine.ya i have lots of posters of twilight and the actors in it.i feel that its ok for people to dress up because they are expressing themselves.


8.i really dont think twilight is any thing like those. and i dont get why they put up these things saying twilight vs. harry potter because they are not the least bit similar to me.


i hope i helped :)
1. What is it about Twilight that makes it such a phenomenon? the fact that it was something completely different that just made it a good read and the word of mouth.





2. Why were you initially attracted to the series, and why did it grow into such a passionate following?same as first.





3. Why do followers of Twilight go to extremes to get ahold of new releases in the series? (such as the books, movie, dvd...) because they like to jump on the bandwagon.





4. Have you ever met any of the actors from the movies? If so, what was the experience like? (especially in regards to how you may have seen them as in their character)no.





5. How do you feel like the movie relates to the book, how does it affect your view of the ';epic'; quality of the series? it relates to the book by how it was made, but i would of more have liked to have seen the movie be exactly like the book, even though meyer gave her permission on what could be changed for the movie





6. What are your feelings about the new movies?


well 1 is only out but i hope all the books are made into movies, and i'm sure the first one could of been way better but it was still good





7. How do you feel about all of the Twilight merchendise that is available? i know i won't buy anything with the cullen crest, because that's something that was added for the movie and has no play.Do you own any yourself?a shirt, a tote bag, a poster( that got ruined *sad face*) and calender Why?i like somehthing i like to support it by buying the merch. and how do you feel about groups ';dressing up'; in Twilight merch to go to Twilight premiers? well if you are a fan, do it but don't go all out, enough is enough.





8. How do you think the Twilight series compares to other popular series such as Narnia, Harry Potter, or Lord of the Rings? they compare by the popularity of their series
1. What is it about Twilight that makes it such a phenomenon?





* It's danger and romance - a classic combo (I'm 35 and I have read the entire series and am a huge fan.....)





2. Why were you initially attracted to the series, and why did it grow into such a passionate following?





* I first found the book on accident - had NO IDEA it was ';for teenagers'; or that it was popular. I loved the book. I've always loved vampire stuff though.





3. Why do followers of Twilight go to extremes to get ahold of new releases in the series? (such as the books, movie, dvd...)





* Cause we are so eager to see the next book - what happens NEXT is the big question - just like with Harry Potter fans. Plus the release parties are a fun way to meet other people who share your Edward (or Jacob) obsession!








4. Have you ever met any of the actors from the movies? If so, what was the experience like? (especially in regards to how you may have seen them as in their character)





* No, but my daughter (she's 10) is in love with ';Shark boy'; aka Jacob. So i may have to hunt him down.......





5. How do you feel like the movie relates to the book, how does it affect your view of the ';epic'; quality of the series?





* The movie was okay, KS (Bella) was a bit flat (I don't know that she has more than 2 different expressions: confusion and ticked off confusion). At fist I didn't find Edward hot, but he grew on me.





6. What are your feelings about the new movies?





* Once I see them, I'll let ya know.





7. How do you feel about all of the Twilight merchendise that is available? Do you own any yourself? Why? and how do you feel about groups ';dressing up'; in Twilight merch to go to Twilight premiers?





* I'm not into ';the stuff'; but if someone likes it, thats cool.





8. How do you think the Twilight series compares to other popular series such as Narnia, Harry Potter, or Lord of the Rings?





* Well Narnia and Lord of the Rings are aged classics. In 50 years we'll know if Harry and Twilight stand the test of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment