Sunday, December 11, 2011

How did I go from being totally obsessed with Twilight to absolutely detesting that series?

I am baffled. I was the most obsessed person when it came to Twilight. When I heard people talk about it, I would go nuts and feel I had to get involved with the conversation. When someone talked about Edward, I would melt and die at the moment. I wanted to meet Robert Pattinson so badly that I actually cried because I knew I would never ever meet him. I even made a Youtube page making videos all about Twilight and New Moon: http://www.youtube.com/user/jerseygirl01鈥?/a>



But now I absolutely cannot stand that stupid series! I can't. I heard people talk about it, and I just want to throw up. And I don't want to sound mean, but when I hear people say they like Twilight, I now think down on them and feel they are not real readers... I don't know. I used to have many many pictures of Twilight and New Moon on my wall, but I took all of it down. Ripped it all off(During my obsessed time, I even hung up a chocolate box from Barnes and Noble that had Twilight on it.... A freaking chocolate box was tapped to my wall!!! Nonsense!!)



I have no idea how I could have been so obsessed to absolutely hating that series. I never thought this day would come, but it has. And you want to know the worst part? I have to go to the New Moon three day convention in August!!! I am going to shoot myself!!!



Well, has anyone else gone through this same change? I think the reason I started hating it is because it is everywhere! You cannot go 1 foot without seeing it. And I guess all of the super crazy fans ruined it too....



Well, my venting is out.... I feel better :)



Thanks for answering :)



And sorry about his question Twilight fans... I remember when I used to be obsessed and I thought people writing Twilight hating questions had no lives.... but now I understand!How did I go from being totally obsessed with Twilight to absolutely detesting that series?
You finally came to your senses and realised that the twilight books are complete rubbish and twilight movies are even worse.How did I go from being totally obsessed with Twilight to absolutely detesting that series?
it's called growing up.believe me,there are plenty more out there like you.

.)

Report Abuse


its b/c of all the hype and how corny the movies are coming out to be...i was so disappointed in the last one that there's no way i'm gonna be watching the other two...the only one i liked in the new moon movie was Taylor Lautner and bellla's dad. their the only two that really bring life into their characters

and im so sick and tired of the team edward vs team jacob...how bout team stfu!!!!
HAHA i felt the EXCACT same way! aha like i was soo obsessed with edward and basically never stopped thinking about him and i loved the books and was obsessed and i actully wanted to be a vampire just like in the book :S now i actually hate the book so much i wish it was never written because i think they are so stupid.. like they are acually the stupidest books ever, (sorry twilight fans!)

aha but yea i know alot of people just like me and you and i think everyone just grew up :)
lol i TOTALLY feel ur pain, although i was not quite as obsessive. i think, after re-reading it for about the fourth time i realized how absolutely SAD it was! the writing's bad, the main character's shallow and whiny, there is a conspicuous lack of plot, and Edward is so perfect it's unrealistic! god, i second the opinion of wanting to shoot myself after the crazy fan-girl obsession struck!



ps check out this question, it's about twilight and is FUNNY :D



http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>



it's resolved, so i'm not just pitching my question, i just thought it was great ;)
Yeah, glad you came to your senses too! I hate Twilight, but it is completely reasonable for you to hate it now. Most reasonable people changed their mind after they realized there was no plot, and its dumb. All these insane people went GOO GOO of the books and they lost all their appeal to half-way decent people. To set the record straight, I have always hated Twilight!
You're certainly not alone. I have two daughters who have read the series (14 and 19 years old) who have been through the exact same thing. When the began drawing moustaches and scars on the posters of Twilight cast members hanging in their rooms, I knew the obsession was over in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment