Friday, November 19, 2010

Anybody feel the same about the twilight saga?

I really like the Twilight Saga, as i'm sure a lot of people do. But the thing I can't get over is the fact that the only things ever said about it are '; OME!!! I LOVE EDWARD CULLEN HE IS SOOOOO AMAZING!'; usually stated by 10 year old screaming fangirls who over obsess on Robert Pattinson and Edward Cullen, Taylor Lautner etc. and I like both of those guys and I love Edward Cullen, but i'm not going to obsess over him uncontrollably! I liked the books WAYYYYYY better when they WEREN'T a worldwide phenomenon. Does anybody feel the same? Please no hating on the book or characters, everyone is opinionated but all I wanna know is if you feel the same about the whole worldwide phenomenon status. I mean it's rediculous how some girls completely put aside their lives for twilight new moon etc! I love love love this book and the other three and midnight sun! and I love the movie, and all of the actors and actresses in it! But I don't chase after them if I see them on the street and I don't start crying every time I hear ';Edward Cullen.'; I love Edward Cullen. I do. I'm not obsessive though, and I don't want an Edward, i just want a guy with edwardlike qualities (NOT THE STALKING TYPE QUALITIES OR THE VAMPIRE POWERS!! :O) just how he is caring of Bella and how he would never cheat, or try to upset her. And how he's very mysterious, and gentlemanly. Many guys I know are only pervs and blah blah etc. But you know, a guy with manners and yeah??? Just give me feedback pleeeze!!! %26lt;3 thankyou twilight lovers and coveters BUT NOT OBSESSORS AND FANGIRLS!!! or fanboys to hahahahahaha if there are some guys out there! :) thanks :) counting down for new moon!!!!Anybody feel the same about the twilight saga?
I totally agree with you! I liked Twilight much better when it wasn't a cultural phenomenon. All this craze is just getting sickening and, honestly, it's just ruining the book. And the fan girls are extremely annoying. They act like Edward Cullen/Jacob Black is a real person, and one day their vampire/werewolf will come to sweep them off their feet. There are 3rd graders reading Breaking Dawn! WTF?! Like they are mature enough to handle it! What drew them into the saga anyway?



Btw, I like Twilight, but I think it is very overrated. What's so great about it, honestly? I mean, the writing is very nice, but the story is very simple. Boy meets girl, girl meets boy, they fall in love (sarcastic: wow didn't see that coming...) and problems occur, but it ends with an impossibly happy ending. I think it's the whole ';vampire-werewolf-seductive fantasy'; that's drawing girls into the series.



What scares me is that the little fan girls reading the saga are obviously not mature enough to read it. If they were mature, they wouldn't think stalker-like qualities were romantic.



Series is good, but the movie was bad. Sorry but that is my opinion and I hope you respect it like I respect yours.Anybody feel the same about the twilight saga?
you are absolutely right and i'm glad that you respect my opinion and i respect yours. girls in 3rd grade should NOT be reading this saga, if anything it's a much more mature and complicated saga than girls should be experiencing in the 6th grade. :P thanks for your comment, it was well thought out!

Report Abuse


im not a big fan of twilight but i read it and enjoyed the movie...and yes these 10 year old fans need to get a life!!! u seem like a normal fan not sum phsyco.....and just to let u know i feel exactly the same way!
THE TWILIGHT SAGA IS THE DUMBEST TREND TO EVER COME TO THE NEW MELLINIUM.











get a life.
I don't like twilight nor him and I'm tired of seeing it EVERYWHERE in Wal-mart
Im really sick of hearing about twilight. Its way too mainstream.
love it too.
Yes I can definitely see your point!

It was the one and only reason why I refused to read the books to begin with! I gave in and started reading the first book (to prove a point to my friend that it was nothing to become obsessed over) and not so long after i finished breaking dawn!

Stephenie Meyer is not Jane Austen, but she certainly knows how to tell a story. The saga is fun and romantic and full of tension. You really do feel attached to all of the characters, but people are going a little crazy now! I cannot always bring myself to admit I'm such a big fan in case of association with these obsessives, which is such a shame! Especially with the new movie coming out too!!

If any of you loonies are reading this, please know that Robert Pattinson is not actually Edward Cullen - however pretty he may be, it does not give you right to stalk him! ...and apologies, but you will not be marrying him anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment