Sunday, November 21, 2010

Can you help me with this traumatic dream?

I just woke up from this dream about an hour ago, so please forgive me if I go all over the place. I'm also really tired, since I was only asleep for a couple hours before waking up from this.



I'll explain what could have caused this dream first, maybe that will be easier?



I saw the movie, Remember Me yesterday. If you don't want to know what happens in it, don't read on! *SPOILER*



I knew something bad was going to happen when I heard the characters talking about labor day....I started freaking when, Tyler (the main character) left a note for Ally saying he was going to his dad's office...and then the music started playing and then they showed (Tyler's little sister) Caroline's school chalk board, where it had the date. It said 09/11/2001....... that's when I started getting super nervous/afraid....then when Tyler got to his dad's office, and his dad called him telling him he would be late, I totally lost it! I started crying all over the place and shaking.....My mom was trying to hand me tissues, and telling me it would be alright. The music starts getting real sad and everything turns into slow motion like feeling when Tyler is taking the elevator with a ton of people....When in the office, Tyler sits down at his dad's desk and moves the computer mouse....After that, a slideshow of pictures of the family over the years appears...and a smile appears on his face, as if it were he finally knew his dad loved him. Then, the movie builds up to this shot...where Tyler walks across the room to one of the huge windows.....I was already freaking out there, BUT THEN the most horrible part happens for me....there's this shot of him looking out the window, just watching the sky...they show the building, and you can clearly see it's one of the two towers....:( THAT SHOT was horrific for me....really horrifying me to death...I was almost screaming...mom kept telling me ';He's not really dead'; She was referring to Robert Pattinson, the actor who plays Tyler...but whatever she would say wasn't helping me......Then it shows everyone watching the planes hit....most of the characters start to cry..and that just made me cry a thousand times more.....



WELL anyway, I cried for a long time after the movie was over (around an hour) I thought the movie had a great message of ';live your life to the fullest, because you never know when your last moment may be.';....but the ending really was heart wrenching for me....they didn't even show the plane or anything, but they did show people running to see what happened, and tons of ashes.....I felt like I was reliving 9/11....



Now to my more horrifying dream. :( As if it could get any worse right?!:(



The beginning of the dream is a little bit foggy, but I can make out key things...

In the dream, I was the main character Tyler Hawkins. I was sitting in a small coffee shop writing a letter to my brother (Michael) about how things were getting better....I remember the waiter coming over to tell me I looked good (healthy and not stressed out) and she gave me a cup of something....After I left the coffee shop, and walked on my way to my dad's office, I get the phone call from him. He tells me he will be late, because he's taking Coraline to school. I tell him it's fine, and that I'll just wait in his office. When I walk on, I see the sun shining as if it were the most perfect day, and I could even hear birds chirping...so I smiled. A man even waved at me and said ';fine day isn't it?'; I told him ';Wish I could be at the park right now'; then I said disappointed as we parted ';but I need to meet with a lawyer.'; As I was walking on, I was thinking of my little sister Coraline. I was so angry at what the other children do to her. I was thinking about how awesome she is, and that they girls would have to be nuts to think she was so weird. I was happy that so many people were giving her support after the hair incident. I was also thinking about how much I loved Ally. I was happy that she gave me another chance.



When I eventually got to the building, I walked to the elevator. I waited for it to open with a couple other people. We made small chitchat about how our days were. When I got in the elevator, multiple people were already in. I think I pressed a 7 and an 8 but not absolutely sure. I was getting a little light headed and I was thinking ';I hate elevators....they always makes me nervous'; I remember my hands were shaking a little bit. I walked to the desk lady and told her I was going into my dads office to wait for him. She told me to go ahead in. I went through the door and looked around the room. I never was in his office alone before. I took a deep breath and smelt the air. I could tell it smelt like air freshener...everything seemed fresh. I went to take a seat at my dad's desk chair. I slid in and started fiddling with things at his desk...just because I was waiting (bored)..then I decided to just kind of tap the computer mouse. I saw the screen flash on, and was very suCan you help me with this traumatic dream?
Hi Melanie,

I see that you are new to answers, and that you ran out of room to finish your post. Do you know how to add details to your post? As you are looking at your question on this page, right under your post is a bar where you can do things like email the question, star it, and things like that. On your version of the page is a little pencil. If you click on the pencil, you will be able to add details to finish your question....



Edit: on your reaction to the movie. 9/11 was a terrible, terrible, day, and I am sure that many are indelibly changed by it. Used to be that leaving on a jet plane was one of my favorite songs to sing in my car. The events of 9/11 were quite a shock. I was singing leaving on a jet plane on my way to Walmart a couple days later. I was on my way into the Walmart parking lot, and started thinking about how many people said the sort of things that were said in the song on that morning. Wound up broken down crying in Walmart parking lot and people staring at me wondering what the hell my problem was. I haven't been able to sing that song through since. I try once in awhile, and can't without breaking down into tears. A favorite song has become a symbol of such a day that cannot be erased, even by the 30 some years I enjoyed singing it before then.



As for your dream: Honestly, I don't under stand what is so horrifying in there. You seem to feel that there is a link between your reaction to the movie, and the dream you post under it. I haven't seen the movie, so I guess there must be some references in your dream that I don't understand.

You've got a scene where you are communicating with your brother that things are getting better, a scene where you are thinking about your little sister and feeling protective of her, one where you are thinking about a friend, and apparently about a reconciliation with her after a situation of some kind, one where you are getting to know your father apart from the person who comes home to you each night, where you understand that he thinks about you more than you know, and you find some compassion for him, honestly, I'm at a loss to understand what is so horrifying, or what the link is, it seems throughout the dream you are thinking about all the people you love in your life, and appreciating them, so, I dunno, I guess I just don't get it this time around, were you seeing all these things from the view point of the characters in the movie? Is that the part you find so horrifying, identifying with these people? Looking at the very end of your dream, that is the part that could be perhaps horrifying? It seems that at the very end, you put yourself in the place of someone looking out an office window as one of those planes flew in. It also seems as though throughout the process of ';dying'; in the end of the dream, that you received a revelation. Perhaps you are an empath, dear, if so, I am sorry for you, it's a hard thing to deal with, to be an empath, and I don't know what to tell you that would help there, it takes time and experience to help you learn how to tell the difference between what belongs to you, and what belongs to someone else. It also takes time to learn how to protect yourself and shed things that don't belong to you. If you want you can email me through my profile, and we can discuss it further, I know a couple of visualizations that may help you to deal with such things a bit better....



Edit: Ok, I read over your whole post again, it is rather long, yeah, it seems to me that you are an empath. Email me later to discuss ways to deal with it.



I might not be so much help with your dream tonight, but I thought I would stop and share for you that you aren't the only one so affected by 9/11, you are not alone there.....I'm there with you, and so are a lot of other people....United we stand...draw your strength from that, if you need to...Can you help me with this traumatic dream?
You took a elevator to Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment