Sunday, November 21, 2010

Help..? Advise On My Mom Please?

Hi I was Wondering If anybody could give some advise on how to deal with some issues going on in my life right now?



About 5 months ago my mother, brother, and myself got evicted from our Apartment. This isn't the first time this has happened either. We had to move in to a 2 bedroom apartment with a friend of my moms. My moms friend has her bedroom, and my mom, brother, and I share another bedroom. I've learned to cope with the fact that my mother is having some financial difficulty, and the best thing I can do right now is help her out in anyway I can.



But as time goes on, I keep feeling more and more frustrated with my mom until the point where I just can't be around her and avoid her anyway I can (usually by going to the room). I feel as though she doesn't mind that we are 'homeless' and are all three living in one room with two beds (ones an air mattress). She isn't looking for an apartment and spends her money on going out to eat, and other silly things that aren't necessities. The thing that set me off the edge is that she is planning a 8 day trip to disneyland for the fall!.!

It seems like I am the one looking out for the family, looking up apartments and how much they charge in rent, making sure my brother gets off the bus safely. I don't know what to do.

She also doesn't pay much attention to me and my brother anymore. Shes a ';Twilight Mom'; and is obsessed with Twilight and Robert Pattinson. It makes me sick how a 34 year old is that immature.

Unfortunatly this has taken a really big toll on me. About 3 weeks ago I cut myself. I've done it 3 times since then, but not in the last week :/ My grades are slipping, and are becoming extremely low. It seems as though every little thing my friends do irritates me. I just don't know what to do.



I've tried talking to her about it, but it doesn't help anything, she just laughs. I can't talk to any family members (we don't really have any), and the school counselor is out of the question.



I'm trying to make my brothers life better than mine, but that's incredibly hard to do when you have no money or even a place to call your own.



I just need some advise.



By the way I'm a 15 year old girl and my brother is 9.Help..? Advise On My Mom Please?
Have you talked to your mom about how you feel? Tell her everything. If she doesn't listen, you may want to go for family counseling or something. I don't know where you live but here in Canada when we are 15 years old we can get a small job like at a restaurant. Why don't you secretly try making some money, plus that way you won't have to be around her all day.



goodluck :)Help..? Advise On My Mom Please?
I'm really sorry you are going through this. My heart goes out to you and so do my prayers.



Talk to your mom instantly. It's the only thing that will solve these emotional issues and constraints between you and your mom. Tell her exactly what you told us and how you feel that you are the only one taking responsibility for these various issues. Explain to her ALL your thoughts and feelings and how she HAS to save money for ESSENTIALS. An 8-day trip to Disney probably will cost around 500 dollars including ticket money, transportation, food, etc. Tell her that she HAS to cancel the trip, and save the money.



I'm really sorry about your situation. Please talk to your mom instantly.%26lt;3
You say the school councilor is out of the question but perhaps you should rethink that. They can help you with the stress you are under and perhaps give you some guidance for dealing with your mom.

Frankly she sounds like she is trying to still be a teenager herself, it isn't fair to you and it isn't fair to your brother.

I hope things work out for you.
You say the counselor is out of the question, but I'm not so sure, they helped me out.

If you really can't speak to him/her, phone up a freephone child help line and see what they say.



Otherwise, see your local doctor/GP and ask to speak with their councilor.



Just don't cut your self, punch the mattress instead, I do this when I need to. You are not to blame, remember this.



Also, read some books. None of my friends think much if them, but hey, none of my friends think much at all.

Read: The Catcher in the Rye, you might like it, you might not, but read it anyway, it's a very famous short book.



If you like watching films, watch Stand by Me, if you haven't all ready, it's up on youtube. Great boy film, of course girls will like it and understand it too.



I have a little sister and I've had to defend her through many months of domestic violence that occurred in my household. Not fun at all I know, and parents are supposed to be always in the right? Bollox.

If your mother is ******* things up, tell her so. My father was a good man, yet he abused my mother, and left me confused and angry. I didn't want my sister to feel the same as me, and he's gone now.



And believe me, I've wanted to kill my self many a time, and if it wasn't for the knowledge that I had to look after my sibling, I may not be alive today.





Have strength, try hard at the subjects you like, you may go far one day so do not give In.





And remember, situations change like the wind, one day, far from this day, you'll be happy you made It through.



p.s. Your mothers behavior if linked to her own past, she likely did not get the chance to be a kid, and so now she may be acing like one.



This is why it is important for YOU to find a way of enjoying your own years as a kid.



Cry when you need to, be your self.



-Mohawk.
I'm sorry you are going through this. Have you tried talking to her, make her see it from your point of view.

WHat does her friend that you are living with say? Maybe she can help you talk to your mom. Sounds like mom needs a reality check and needs to grow up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment