Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My mother is obssessed with Twilight MOVIE..HELP?

and im serious... my sister introduced us to twilight a couple weeks ago ( i know... a little late) and we loved it. We all think Robert pattinson is gorgeous and yadda ya. But my 48 year old mother is taking it to a whole new level. She went right away the next day to buy it on DVD. AND she bought all the books and read them ALL within a week. ( she read New Moon in one day) Now ever since we bought the movie several weeks ago... she's been watching it EVERYDAY. Literally EVERYDAY... and sometimes.. i kid you not.. TWICE a day in a row. She's watching it right now as i type this! Its so weird! She buys all the magazines with robert pattinson in it. I tried to hide the movie the other day... and she got all pissed off and was like

'; WHERES MY TWILIGHT MOVIE???'; and threatend to take my car if i didnt give it to her. I mean we all think its bizzarre and kind of annoying. What is wrong with her? I tell her everyday to stop watching that movie and how weird she is and all she says is '; Go away! why do you care what i do? don't worry about what i do!'; and gets sensitive... i would break it but she'd just buy another one... and i'd break that onhe to but she'd just buy another one!! should i do??



( and yes she's been married since she was 17 so its not like shes ';yearning for love'; or anything ridiculous)



just what do you think of this? is it weird?? I think i need a Twilight intervention!!My mother is obssessed with Twilight MOVIE..HELP?
what's the big deal? let her obsess over it for a little while then she'll move on... when i read the books and watched the movie i was hxc obsessed for atleast a month or so... now i've calmed down and watch it every now and then... if she's not making u watch it with her 20x's a day then i don't see why u have such a huge problem with it...

instead of threatening to break her DVD why don't you just ask her why she likes it so much (in a non-bratty pain in the @$$ way)... and instead of making fun of her or calling her weird maybe u could just accept it...My mother is obssessed with Twilight MOVIE..HELP?
Just because she is married does not mean she is not yearning for love.



Sounds like she is turning into a Twihard (teen girls in love with Twilight)........she needs to learn to separate herself from the movie/books. She is an adult and having this obsession with a poorly written, immature book is unhealthy. She is acting quite immature. You need to tell her how ridiculous she is acting as a grown woman. This movie is obviously providing something for her, that reality can't.
good on her, i'd let her carry on instead of nagging me, my mums the same yet we are both obsessed with twilight :)
Ummm... the twilight series is not poorly written, although the movie could have been better but yeah, anyway, I think you mom is trying to escape reality when reading the books and watching the movie. When I read them, I feel like I can go to another place and be another person. Even though she isn't a teenager, she can still feel that way. Perhaps she can read the books, take a break, and then read them again after a while. with the movie, maybe she can slowly cut down on watching it.



As Edward says '; like my own personal brand of heroine';.



Hope thins helps!
Let her enjoy it instead of nagging her about it. Is her new obsession breaking the household? We all obsess over one thing or another once in our lives. This just happens to be her time. When you were a little kid you probably watched same movies over and over again. She'll eventually move on to something new. One day when she is much older you all will just laugh about it.
I'm a 64 year old Twilight obsessive myself so I just say let her be. If she's been married since 17, she's probably realizing how much she missed by getting married that young. She'll get over it by herself. I'm sure she has put up with your weird ways at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment