Sunday, November 21, 2010

Does anyone else have a love-hate relationship with Twilight?

Okay, I know this book is not the best written book I've ever read, but I still find myself drawn to it and it's storyline. I think it's a cute, innocent romance novel, which is refreshing after reading adult romance for 10 years. That alone has made me want to reread it. BUT, I also see all the things that makes it not one of the best written books to ever grace my bookshelf and I see the under-developed plots, and IMO, under-developed characters. But, I'm a romance fan, so I love how the romance if presented in the novel.



It's the same with the movies. I think Twilight was one of the worst directed movies and it was horribly acted. I think the secondary actors did a much better acting job than kirstin stewart and robert pattinson. BUT, I still watch it from time-to-time. New Moon was much better, but it still lacked in some areas, and I do like the technology used.



So, there are some days that I hate Twilight and there are some days when I love it and want to watch the movie or read the book over and over again. Anyone else have a love-hate relationship with Twilight?Does anyone else have a love-hate relationship with Twilight?
I'm exactly the same! lol I thought I just subconsciously wanted to please every-one; lovers and haters. hahaDoes anyone else have a love-hate relationship with Twilight?
i am absolutely love love love twilight saga!! it is my all time fave books. but i agree, what were they thinking with twilight the movie? it was really bad. i just personally don't like catherine hardwickes directing.
yeah kinda- i loved the books absolutely but i hated what catherine did to the film. the acting was rubbish and it was directed so so badly. also the random scenes that had nothing to do with the book made it even worse.

however i think the new moon film was alot better and alot closer to the book :)
I do with the books. I can read all of the books one day and the next day I'm thinking about how stupid the characters are. Like in Breaking Dawn, Bella wanted to die for a vampire baby, that made me so frustrated I stopped reading it because she sounds so stupid.
I love the books, hate the movies.
Sad to say ... but i do too!



but for different reasons like

1) bella has Edward and Jacob but in the books there is also MIKE! and much others i think Eric ( the oily skin guy) and tyler ( the other car driver who almost hits bella!



2) First it was james then victoria the the Voltaire i get it but can't it continue!!!!! like what happens to renezmie i am dieing to know!
No, Bella was just too stupid for me.

I didn't like it
JOSS! You're one of those people who I need to criticize my quote! I've seen your comments and their so brutally honest and harsh. I NEED you to criticize this short little thing of mine because i want to improve:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;…



And now your question:

I agree the plot and characters are shallow and underdeveloped. When I imagine them as real people-... I just can't, they've got no soul if you follow. I barely finished the first book because of how I disliked the writing. The only reason I did finish it is because I hate quitting something halfway.

I do like romance, but in smaller doses.



And the movies (I refuse to call them films, they're not worthy of that title in my opinion):

I think the direction is terrible and the acting is so shallow and soulless it depresses me. So I suppose the lack of depth in the characters and lack of depth in the acting makes the casting for the films perfect? Sorry if I'm sounding like a whiney complainy fag.



And sorry I just have a hate-hate relationship with Twilight. Sorry I didn't answer your question the way you intended, but I'm really desperate for your acid tongued yet honest and relevant opinion.



Please Please Please:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;…
  • howtoberomanticwithmygirlfriend
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment