Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ugh, is anyone as sick of Twilight as me?

Okay, I used to really like the book when I first read it in 2007!!!!





But now, I mean come on! I see girls walking down the streets wearing shirts from those annoying preppy stores saying 'I kissed a vampire and liked it' or 'Forget princess, I want to be a vampire'





I mean no offence but the books good but not even that great. I think its ridiculous for so many people to be so obsessed with it and th fact some girls stalk Robert Pattinson... thats just creepy.





And how an eleven year old repeat: ELEVEN year old asked robert pattinson to bite her.





Thats so weird :|





But good for Stephanie Meyer she came out of this well but I dont think it deserved so much publicity as it did, the film wasnt as great as it was cracked up to be.





Anyways, whats everyone elses view on twilight?Ugh, is anyone as sick of Twilight as me?
Ok Twilight is, I can honestly say the worst book I have ever read


Bella: I love you Edward


Edward: I love you too you are so beautiful


Bella: No YOU are so beautiful. I love you. You're all sparkly


Edward: You are the most perfect creature ever


1000 pages and 3 books later


Bella: I love you Edward


Edward: I love you you are so beautiful


Bella: No YOU are so beautiful. I love you. You're all sparkly and now we have a mutant child together HORRAY!


OMFG it's just them proliferating their love for each other for 1000+ pages. And right at the end Smeyer is like JESUS CHRIST I NEED PLOT and throws some crap in.





Ok Edward is not hot. He is a creepy stalker. he watches her sleep. He won't let her see her friends. He follows her around. He won't let her drive. He beats her up while they're having sex. He gives her a c-section with his teeth. Come on that's gross. Bella is disgusting, falling apart as soon as Edward leaves and only getting some semblance of togetherness back when she finds another guy to take Edward's place. PATHETIC.





It seems only tween girls with half a brain enjoy twilight. Every single one of my friends hates Twilight. Thinks it's absolutely ridiculous, the writing is terrible, the characters one dimensional and the plot cliche. We're 18. My sister, who is 13 is in love with Twilight. So are all her friends. They get together and talk about it and how 'awesome' it is and 'how much they love Edward' and how they 'just wish Jacob would die'. Basically Twilight is aimed for girls 12-16.





Smeyer writes likes she's swallowed a thesaurus and apparently doesn't know the meaning of Purple Prose. And she repeats the same phrases over and over and over again. Chagrin chagrin chagrin. STFU. Her books are riddled with plot holes and discrepancies. How can Edward, who has been dead for nearly 100 years, have sperm, which is alive, and has the capability to father a child. Yeah makes awesome sense. And how can that child even exist. It's not scientifically possible for someone to have 23 chromosomes. It results in down syndrome. Obviously the stupid mormon doesn't believe in proven scientific fact. Or just doesn't research her books





Ok and every single character in Twilight is one dimensional.


Bella: Pathetic Mary Sue


Edward: I love you Bella. And the oldest virgin ever


Jacob: annoying.


And that's it. That's all the major characters. If you include like Emmett and Jasper and Alice. They don't even have personalities. Alice is just constantly jumping around ';horray i just had a vision that we'll all live happily ever after';.The best one, in my opinion is Rosalie. Or Jasper. In that movie he looked constipated the entire time. Did he even say anything?





I hate the way Bella is supposed to be an average girl, with faults. As far as I can tell her only fault is being ';clumsy'; which everyone seems to find endearing so isn't really a fault at all. And what's with her supposed to be average looking? yeah ok coz it's not like every guy in the school wants to be in her pants apparently. At my high school all the guys went for the average girl, definitely. She looks basically the same as Stephenie meyer would look. Except 50kg lighter. Lol at her photoshopping her fatness away. But this girl is supposed to be a role model. She completely falls apart when Edward leaves her and only pulls herself back together when she's found another man to replace him. It's pathetic. She has no independence or goals. She just wants to be with Edward forever, regardless of the consequences to herself and everyone around her.





And EDWARD. Apparently the man of every girls dreams? Why because he's pretty. Hey maybe it's just me but I'd be a bit freaked out if my boyfriend started to sparkle. I love the fact that he hasn't got chisseled abs. I've grown up learning that you love a person for who they are, not what they look like. Yet in relation to love, the only thing that Bella ever describes is Edward's looks. Great example for all the kids out there. You look at his personality and you realise he's a stalker. He follows her around, watches her sleep, won't let her see her friends, won't let her drive. He controls her completely and people find this romantic! During sex he beats her black and blue and again, his regret is seen as romantic. He gives her a c-section with his teeth and again, oh so romantic, I would swoon if this happened to me.





Stephen King, best selling author for decades said on Twilight and its comparison to Harry Potter:


';The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn,'; he said. ';She's not very good.';Ugh, is anyone as sick of Twilight as me?
totally. i too used to like twilight but I reread it and realized how horribly written that book is. it doesn't deserve all the hype it's gotten





There's even a religion that revolves around Twilight, Cullenism. ';Cullenists'; believe that if they lead a good life they will spend eternity with the Cullens and other vampires. And the requirements include reading the books daily and making pilgrimages to Forks. I saw somebody else post a comment about this.
I used to be obsessed with Twilight. But after reading the books a few times, I realize that the writing is terrible. The idea's not bad, but it's not great either. I mean, vampires that drink ANIMAL blood? *cries and shakes head* I have no problem with vampire novels, I'm writing two at the moment. However, the craze over Twilight has gone way to far, and is annoying the sh!t out of me.
I do partially agree. I like the Twilight series, but some people go way too far. It really annoys me when i see the extent of the merchandise, like that edward and vampire shirts.


Also, I don't like seeing the littler kids reading the books, maybe 13+? Cus there are sexual references...


Praise for Steph Meyer, cus she is a hooking writer. Some people critisize her, but you have to consider her a good writer, considering the fan base she has.


And that cult that I just read about, gee that really frustrates me! I mean, are they mental???!
Lol I read the Twilight series and loved it, however I'm over it now and have been reading books I like much better.


I agree with you about the movie. I really thought it was poorly made and I really hope New moon will be better.





I have seen those shirts and they make me laugh.





It's a bit disturbing that ppl stalk Robert Patterson and ask to be bitten! OMG!
I agree, I used to really like it and now seeing like 11 and 12 year olds reading it I dont really think its appropriate. And seriously the movie was lame. It sucked compared to the book, the actors sucks and I dont think that there should be so much hype about the book or the movie.
Of the book / movie? Nope. It can be quietly read / watched and it offends no one. Like I care if I or anybody else reads or watches it...





Of the constant questions / comments / rants / raves and such both for and against? Yep, a just a little
My gosh.


ALEX just bloody said it all for me.


One of the funniest, honest and TRUTHFUL things I've ever read.


I agree with him/her 100%.


I bet his sperm sparkles like diamonds too.


Gosh, his genitals must be absolutely PERFECT.
OMG a girl who doesnt like twilight. You are the smartest girl alive, tiwlight is a waste of time and is quite frankly crap.


Sorry if my opinions offend twilight obsessed people.
I think it's ridiculous that you hate the book so much that'd you actually waste your time writing about how much it's annoying. :)
I keep wondering when I'll be able to come into this category and NOT see one or more Twilight questions on the first page. Guess not today.
I thought it was a good book!!!


But true people are taking this a bit overboard and need to calm the **** down!!!


I can't wait for New Moon though!!!
Way to go! You just contributed to the thing that you're complaning about! YOU get a cookie.
Uh, you just brought it up.


So aren't you kinda like the people your bagging out?
i love twilight





but too many ppl are talking about it
i don't like twilight either


its kinda boring
I also read the series in late 2007 early 2008. I really did enjoy it. But, then the movie came out and all these Twitards, start annoying everyone with the stupid questions like; OME Don't you like totally think Edward is like totally hot. Its annoying, and those people need to get a life!! They are totally blowing the series out of proportion. Its a good series, yes, but there a better books out there!





Ever since the movie came out reading Twilight is just a Fad. I liked the series a lot better when nobody knew about it! Although, there were a few things wrong with it like the grammar, the over use of a few words, but anyway.





I mean, have you seen the overflowing questions relating to Twilight?


Yeah, there's a lot. My question yesterday got deleted! and only because i asked Twilight fans to use the freaking search bar before posting a Twilight question!!!





I mean seriously. It must have been deleted by some Twitard. I am so ticked off! My question was not stupid!





I mean we don't delete their questions, as stupid as they are.





So have a nice day. I'm going to post my question again.
I think the most disturbing thing that came from the whole twilight ';saga'; (hee a little play of words for my own amusement) is the amount of people that actually believe they're vampire's or edwards going to break into their windows to pillage and ravish them in their sleep. i think the biggest downfall for Meyer and what really lost my interest is the whole ';they're finally going to do it'; in breaking dawn (don't freak because i know the title of the forth book. I had to go to my sister's room to figure that one out). like seriously after four books of teasing i wanted to read something about the couple in the heat of the moment, not the morning after. That's left for regret and a little pill.
agree ^^


I also used to like Twilight but after the series went on, I hated it more and more.


It got a cliche story. A normal small town ';romance';. Nothing special.


So yes, it's not a very good book., just created for teenage girls who don't read much. It's easy to read, so that you can quickly go throw the pages and the characters have easy personalities and clear roles, so that you don't have to think much ;D





But hey! Don't worry!. As you see more and more people who once liked the series were over it, and there will follow way more ;D It's just the teenage girl who makes such a thing out of it, but actually she'll grow up and get over the series too.





in less then 10 years, Twilight will be forgotten, don't worry ^^


They'll get mature ^^
yh i completley agree. and yh i dont think its meant to be a book for younger kids. i think its just spiralled out of control- everyone involved will be raking in the money so good on them. but its hell for everyone else. i liked the books but her work does have some serious flaws. i just think its ridiculus how far its gone. its ok to be a fan but then there are those who think everyone else is and wont give up on the topic- its not real life. and as for stalking.....its just wrong!!!!! the girls are insane- they fancy his character not him- he is not edward cullen he is robert pattison. jeese lol haha- good question :D x
Haha. That's why I went against the grain, and didn't read them for a while. I ended up listening to the audio books on YouTube out of pure curiosity.





I totally get what you're saying about the annoying fan girls too, lol. But when I first read the books...I was kind of wondering if this was the same book critics are coming down so hard on. Yes, it's very obvious that Stephenie Meyer isn't the most amazing author in the world, but I can really appreciate the Twilight saga.


I guess it's just because it captivated me the whole way through. Sometimes the story dragged, but you can never avoid that with ANY book.


I'm just grateful that it interested me. Not a lot of books can hold my attention for very long anymore, which sucks.


I enjoyed the books. End of story.





I'm not a self-proclaimed ';Twilighter';.


I don't want to trade lives with Bella Swan, especially since she's a fictional character.


I will NEVER be one of those annoying girls who are hopelessly obsessed with Edward Cullen. Dude, I have to admit...he sounds pretty freakin' hot, so I kinda understand from a young girl's perspective. I'm older, so I don't really obsess over things like that anymore.


But even I wasn't THAT annoying when I was a preteen/young teenager (I'm in college now). I don't live and breathe Twilight. And I DEFINITELY would not want to kiss or turn into a vampire, thank you very much. Being a vampire seems glorious and all, but that's only cause Bella has a hot boyfriend. I'm sure it'd be pretty damn boring if you were single.





Anyway. Sorry for the long explanation/rant about my views on Twilight.


Quite basically: good, but not the best by far.


Haven't seen the film, so I can't comment on that. Just Twilight up to Breaking Dawn.


Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and enjoys different things...let the fan girls go crazy for a few more years at the most. Haha, it'll all be over soon. :)
I read Twilight series...


I honestly liked them, but I think it's very wrong to think of them as THE BEST BOOKS EVER! I'm afraid to say that many people think this way, and it's only because they haven't read many books...


These books are nice, but they're just to spend time, they don't make you think...


And to all people who has read Twilight, well, great, you're reading...


Now, try something higher in contents, some classic books.


Then you'll know how huge the difference is.





But again, if you wanna have a good time, read them...


At the beginning I refused to read them because I thought it was like following the crowd, doing what everyone does... But then I said: What the heck, let's see what is this whole thing about





hope you like my answer

No comments:

Post a Comment