Friday, November 19, 2010

How can I make my boyfriend a little vain?

Ok my boyfriend is 16 and a beautiful, good looking guy. He takes after his mom in a lot of his appearance and she's really pretty, but he's also built, rugged and 6 foot tall. He's got pale skin, blue eyes, dark eyelashes and wavy thick dark hair. His jawline, eyebrows and teeth are just like Robert Pattinson and he's got the same build. He unintentionally goes for the stubbly look and on a good day, his hair is like Aaron Johnson's curly hairstyle! The thing is, he doesn't care about his looks and is letting himself go! I used to love that he was natural and not vain like a lot of my ex's and guys his age, but now a year and a half together, I'm still making him go WOW! all the time and putting the effort into my appearance for him (and I'm not even high maintenance!) and he isn't returning the favour!:( He doesn't exercise ever and eats lots of bacon and butter, making him gain weight and lose muscle tone. His hair is constantly overgrown and unruly to an embaressing extent, it hides his lovely face, is the first thing you see and what strangers know him as. People randomly shout at him to get a haircut! I don't care what people think, but it sucks that I've heard people call him ugly and goofy hair and saying what am I doing with him!:( ...even the kids in the younger years think he sells drugs because of his appearance and cuz he's in a band! His crazy hair make people think he's an angry person, when I introduced him to my new friends, they thought he was going to beat them up. That's the impression they got!:( and he's actually the lovliest person! My younger sister told me that people have called us Beauty %26amp; the Beast!:( I wish people could see how hot he us, be jealous even and that I can be proud knowing people aren't sniggering at us. I would be worried if he started tanning himself, checking himself out in the mirror and straightening his hair like most of my friends boyfriends and guys in his year. But I wish he would change his immature I don't care attitude. He thinks styling your hair is ';gay';, but then complains about it being crazy. He thinks anything that would flatter him and look sexy on him is ';gay';. He pierced his own ear but thinks that any other piercing (which I think are so sexy!) is ';gay'; ! Robert Pattinsons style suits him and I've tried helping him get clothes that flatter but he calls them ';gay'; and goes back to his embaressing kiddie crazy colour t-shirts. I'm not trying to change him, just help him, but whenever we look at any guy clothes he calls them mostly ';gay';. It's really annoying. He's liked some stuff I got him, but only wears it when we go out, eventhough it's casual!! %26amp; anything other than trimming his hair at the hairdressers is ';gay'; in his eyes, eventhough a lot of his homophobic friends do fashion and that kinds thing!How can I make my boyfriend a little vain?
Sounds like he has a bit of an identity problem - calling things gay is all very well but why be so homophobic, lots of guys style their hair and are big and butch! Maybe he feels un-masculine for some reason and is afraid of it 'showing?'



As for the piercing thing, he does realise that ear piercings on men were made popular by gay people right? They used to be a badge by which other gay people could identify each other before homosexuality was more socially accepted and they could just meet in gay bars! Of course it doesn't mean anything now but it used to!



Maybe a new haircut is in order? That may help keep his hair looking good no matter what he does to it and if he goes to a barber thats a mens-only place so won't feel un-masculine, you could just ask the barber for ideas rather than looking though magazines that might be considered girlie.



To be honest I think you just need to tell him how you feel, its no good trying to force things on the guy if he's having trouble with his identity, maybe he just doesn't realise how much this is affecting you and your feelings for him. Perhaps if he did he would make more of an effort and would be more open to taking your suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment