Sunday, November 21, 2010

How many of you were disappointed in the Twilight movie?

While watching Twilight, I THOUGHT I was enjoying the movie until I noticed I had a frown on my face throughout the movie. Although there are no better actors and actresses speaking in physical appearance better suited for the roles than Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, they did not act out the book and the emotions as the book that we all fell in love with!



I saw it with a friend and she never had read the books, and her remark on the movie was that she believed it was awful and confusing because it moved wayyyyyy too fast, but she did only like the fact that Edward was extremely hot (which we all can agree with aha). Then when she finally agreed into reading the books, she fell in love with the characters.



I think the characters in the books emotions were totally differently presented in the movie, sort of 'downplayed' or sometimes even the total opposite than they should be.



Overall, the movie was basically relying on the books to tell the story, and the way the movie was shown was just for appearance, which they did hit right on the spot, but the acting was disastrous. I couldn't believe that I was actually LAUGHING when Bella was bitten by Laurance, her acting was just horrible, while in the book I was practically on the verge of tears.



Sorry this is so long, but I just wanted to get my point out and across because I want to know what your opinions are on the movie and if you can relate to how I am feeling.How many of you were disappointed in the Twilight movie?
Bad movie, bad movie, very, very BAD movie. No biscuit for you.



Yes it was a dog.How many of you were disappointed in the Twilight movie?
wow i thought the twilight movie was AMAZING. i cant beilive any1 wouldn't like it. im sure if u watch it 1 more time you would enjoy it. I LOVED IT!!!
I really inderstand how you feel.

I personallly think call me crazy) that they shudn't have made a movie. Or a bigger company shud have....

im sure ther are many other actors (or just regular pple) who wud fill the roll better.ish;)
over hyped poop
Well, for those of us who had read the book, it was a disappointment... and a good laugh! I can understand where you are coming from. When bella gets bitten by James... I cracked up, she sounds like a Rottweiler with rabies. My review would be that they went too fast and discarded the whole blood, fainting thing.
Bitten by Laurence?



Given the film was bad...but have u even read the books



There's no Laurence, but a Laurent, and it was JAMES that bit her (and yes, i found it comical too). Laurent thinks about attacking her in New Moon but is chased away and subsequestly killed by the Quilute shapeshifters.



I agree with you and most others.

When watching it at the cinemas i thought it rather good.

When i watched it again on DVD i was rather shocked at how pathetic it was.

I thought the actors tried their best. But they are still people PRETENDING to be someone else.

The true essence of all the characters, and the overall feel was somewhat lost in translation from book to film
I was absolutely obsessed with twilight....untill i saw the movie, i think that the actors had little emotion and did not play their characters well, but the characters that stephenie meyer came up with were sort of unrealistic becuase edward is WAY too perfect! and bella has no emotion at all! so dude, i feel your pain!
that is how exactly how i feel

i was really disappointed

i am a big fan of the books

but the movie just was a disaster

i never really expected it to be great

cause i have never seen a movie that is great like the book

i couldnt agree more

my cousins think i am crazy for thinking it

haha
u know what? i thought the exact same thing. i thought i liked it but really, i was lying to myself.
i was disappointed...i hated how they missed some good bits!

and they didn't show emotion...i know they can't make a movie as detailed as the book but they didn't show enough about the characters. I think they were kinda different in the movie...They are the reason we fell in love with twilight right?

I was most dissasppointed that they didn't show the love Bella and Edward had...in the movie its like they suddenly fall in love...the script sucked!...i can't hate it though...i love twilight lol

i actually think Kristen was good in the end...



sorry that was long...
Oh my god this is what I been saying all along, the movie suck, the actors are perfect for Edward and Bella and the rest, Robert Pattinson is hot, but the movie really suck, they skip all the important parts like the chemistry between Edward and Bella those lunch table meetings( I also wanted to see the part of the blood testing scene) , I hated that the director put scenes that weren't suppose to be in the book. I was laughing too through the movie my sister was I don't know u bc I was one of the few people laughing in the theather I laugh trough all the biting scenes it was just so funny, and the meadow scene suck, I really didn't like Catherine Hardwicke as the director either, I mean come on it's like her 4th movie in the making she has no experience. I think New Moon is going to be much better Chris Weitz does have experience in making movies and I'm a big fan of his movies 2.
Please read mine! Because I agree!



I think the first problem was the low budget. They had around 33 million, whereas Harry Potter gets 150 million. Big difference! The director also wasn't very good, i don't think. There were some things she did that I liked; like having James,Laurant, and Victoria throughout the movie rather than randomly at the end like in the book. But I think they needed a director that does fantasy movies, like one of the Harry Potter directors or Lord of the Rings.



Kristen Stewart was horrible, beyond horrible. She stuttered and stroked her hair with repetitive blinks through the whole movie. And her monotone voice! I was laughing on some of the parts too. I think that is the directors problem, not telling Kristen how to act! Also, Edward is very funny in the books and that wasn't really portrayed in the movie; he was too serious and it came across almost creepy.



I really think ANYONE else could have played Bella. I would have preferred Rachael McAdams or Alexis Bledel. I think Rob did well, but needs to be a bit more confident and funny. Edward is so witty and I missed that part about him.



And the movie was way too cheesy; the relationship felt rushed. It's like..Edward kept staring at me, he saved me, I love him. They needed to extend the movie time. There is no reason Lord of the Rings can be almost 3 hours and Twilight can't! And yes the meadow scene was just sad lol. A lot of the movie was sad.



I think New Moon is going to be so much better, at leasts I hope so. Twilight looked like someone with a hand-held camera shot the movie, didn't look professional at all and OMG the close ups and the dull lighting about killed me! It made me so depressed! Gosh! Sorry so long I had to let that out!

No comments:

Post a Comment