Sunday, November 21, 2010

What Did You Think Of The Twilight Movie?

Instead of going into a paragraph after paragraph rant, I'll just make a list of Pros, Cons, and Neutrals.





Pros:


1) It was extremely funny. Even if I wasn't supposed to laugh at some parts.


2)The girl that played Alice was AMAZING! Even though she had only...6 lines, she embodied her literary counterpart. Kudos to her.


3)Billy Burke as Charlie stole the show in a lot of the scenes. My favorite part was the whole ';meet my boyfriend'; scene when he was looking at his gun.


4) The Cullen kitchen scene. PRICELESS! The whole ';Her name's Bella. That's Italian.'; from Emmett make me chuckle but when Rosalie broke the glass, I knew that I would never forget that scene.


5)The baseball scene up until the nomads came. I love the Muse's song playing in the background.


6)Jasper's Johnny Depp/Willy Wonka face throughout the whole movie! XD Every time he was in a scene, everyone started cracking up. I'm sure those were a lot of the times when we shouldn't have been laughing.


7)How we could see the contrast between rainy Forks and sunny, golden brown Arizona. The scenery was beautiful.


8)The Cullens' house. I want it.


9) Rosalie vs. Bella. I will admit that it was done well.





Neutrals:


1)The special effects could've been better. The sparkling Edward was disappointing a little bit.


2)The make up was...okay. Like the special effects, it could've been better.


3) The humans (besides Bella). They were extremely good and often stole the show. I put this under a neutral because it seems they were given more to work with than the main characters even though they are only minor.


4)The movie was quite rushed and for people who haven't read the book (a.k.a my mom) it got confusing at times. I don't have my Twilight book with me right now but I heard it's around 400 pages. Yes, cramming 400 pages into two hours seems like a hard task. But with simple division, they could've slowed it down a little bit more.





Cons:


1)Jasper's face. I know he's supposed to be ';resisting'; but wow...he must have been trying REALLY hard.


2)Overacting. I love Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson to death but sometimes they seemed like they were overacting. In the ';tension-filled'; scenes, it looked forced.


3) How the heck did they fall in love? I couldn't figure it out in Twilight even after reading the book 3 times and the movie made it even clearer that I was missing something.


4)Did I already mention Jasper's face?


5)The Billy Black and Edward Cullen staring contest as they passed each other in the car. What...the heck...was that?!


6)Why was Billy Black driving when I'm pretty sure he was paralyzed from the waist down?


7)The flashbacks were unnecessary. They could've used that time to add more from the book so that the movie made sense to people who didn't read it.


8)I wish they had put in the Carlisle's office scene where Edward is explaining what happened to Carlisle. That would've helped.


9)Edward was more of a controlling bipolar person in the movie than he was in the book.





Overall, as a semi-Twilighter (the Twilight series and I have a love/hate relationship), I give the movie a B-. But if I wanted to tell the truth, it would be a C-. Good to see if you read the books, confusing if you hadn't. Now that I know there's going to be a New Moon, and how much money they made off of Twilight, I'm sure the bad things will get better...hopefully.





So...what did you think? What Did You Think Of The Twilight Movie?
Wow; I didn't like the movie, but I agree 100% with your list. :)





EDIT: you forgot about how most of the actors were absolutely horrid.What Did You Think Of The Twilight Movie?
that is a pretty good synopsis...


i really think that ushud apply 4 a critic's job....
I haven't seen it yet but im going to see it tomorrow
sex, money, sex, money, CAT!
handicapped people can drive. the car is modified with hand controls. . .





ah... have you read the other books? the whole stare exchange was hinting at the future conflict between the two families... and





I have another con(s) for you.





Ben was rather nonesistant


and





Edward never dedicated the lullaby to Bella.
I LOVED the movie and it has bee out 4 days so far and I have seen it twice in a row and I'm gunna go see it again. I loved Linkin Parks and Muse's songs. Emmet dancing was funny. Alot of people don't like Rose, but I love Rose, she's pretty, funny, and excuse her for telling it like it is people if I was in the movie I'd be on Rose's side all the way. Bella is an idiot and idiots shouldn't be allowed to date, shine, sexy, Silver volvo owners or even wolves. In my opinion Edward and Jacob are both too good for Bella. she got on my freaking nerves every time I saw her. She is so freaking self-centered. I had a character like her before, everyone tried to kill her except her cousin wouldn't allow it. I hate Bella and don't think she should be able to live. When they where talking about La Push, if I was Rose I would have walked over there and said '; How about I La Push you off a cliff'; and walked back to Emmet and 'em. I think Bella's too forceful on Edward, I mean come on give the guy a break, he loves you, it's not everyday someone falls in love like that. I believe once you meet someone like that you take it and hold onto it forever, not push and push and push for more. I ahted her for that. She DOESN'T DESERVE EDWARD OR JACOB!!!! Everyone else was perfect, I HATED BELLA THO! She was the only bad part of the book and the movie, it made me so mad. If you have a comment about ym remark text em at (405) 537-1457. BTW Bella so does not look like Jessica Alba, that's such an insult to Jessica. Sorry Jessica!
Girl, you and I think so much alike. I loved all the scenes you named, and I some of the things you did. And bella practically over-stuttered in the hospital scene, but I think Kristen played her well.
For the most part I agree with you. It isn't likely, but it would be nice if they were to replace the scriptwriter, director, and producer for the sequels. They had a lot to do with the screw ups. But I don't think I'd mind seeing a new Bella, although I'm sure Stewart has already been contracted for the next movies. I will admit I haven't finished the book yet, and I saw the midnight showing of the movie Thursday, and I was expecting more than what they gave. I am really surprised how bad they did for a book that did so well. I can't imagine a Harry Potter movie being done as poorly as this one.





A lot of people were and still are comparing this series with the Harry Potter series, and I hate to say it (because I prefer vamps to wizards) Harry Potter movies win that contest by a long shot. I can't compare the books as I haven't even finished reading Twilight, and I never read past the first Harry Potter book.





The movie was enjoyable because the story was good. I've notice a lot of people saying it seemed rushed... I'm slowly getting that as I get further through the book... and at the same time it was slow. There were scenes that were unnecessary to cut and unnecessary to add.
I have pretty much the same feelings about the movie, I could not stop laughing at the faces edward was making in biology. They were hilarious. And the sex, money, sex, cat scene was hilarious. My fav scene was the baseball scen. I think the camera work seemed rushed and like you said choppy. It seemed very low budget, AND AM I THE ONLY THAT NOTICED THE LAME LIFETIME CHANNEL MUSIC THEY WERE PLAYING THE WHOLE TIME????? That was what REALLY ruined it for me, but overall I was satisfied I'd give it a B-/C+
The movie was way better than I expected. My favorite Charlie lines were when he was talking about pepper spray:P I didn't like the sparkling since it was barely noticeable. The music was awesome. The baseball part was cool. Yeah the whole movie was actually great and they stuck to the book pretty well. The movie was also really funny so I think a lot of people will like it.
pros:





1. It was funny. Especially Charlie.


2. The person who played renee played it awesomely!!


3. Alice was really good for the movie she played it well.


4. The fighting scene. It was played really well. but didn't exactly look like a ballet studio, but it was still pretty good.


5. music. loved it!!!!


6. edward looked almost exactly how i imagined he would be. it was amazing.


7. acting. awesome only i wosh robert pattinson used his english accent. it would have made him more yummy. |:o)








cons:





1. THE MEADOW SCENE. i was pretty upset with that. They didn't show a field. but when they did show the TINY part of the meadow, it looked like a rug. i was like, you've got to be kidding me.


2. Edward sparkling. He looked like he was sweating. i expected more.


3. They hardly showed the Cullen's.


4. it jumped around alot. like when she went into the forest i was like ';where are you going?';.


5. They could have put in another half hour to add the little details and make it a little more put together.


6. jacob. i don't like his hair. its not bad. im just saying i dont like long hair.


7. they wernt very true to the book. i know there tiny details but...


a. the computer wasnt old


b. she didn't make the dinner


c. they never planed to go to seattle


d. charlie had the truck at the airport, billy and jacob never dropped it off.


yeah there little thing but, you know...








all in all it was pretty balanced. although i expected more from the movie. it seemed to go by really fast. But what can you do, the book will always be better.
I THOUGHT THE MOVIE WAS AMAZING! I laughed at tons of parts. It was very good, great actors, scenes, but the only thing was that since there was a book, the book had more DETAILS than the movie.
You got a hefty list there! Me being a fan of all the books, and watching the movies twice..I absolutely loved the book, AND loved the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment